What does ESBT mean for you?
- For patients and service users, some services are likely to be provided in a different place or by different organisations, but you will also have new services available to you. Overall, your services should be better and more convenient.
- More services will be available closer to home – at your GP surgery, in a community clinic or in your own home. And it will be easier to get to see a GP at more convenient times.
- You will have more convenient and appropriate alternatives to accident and emergency when you need urgent help and advice.
- High quality hospital services will continue to be available if you need them. If you need very specialist care it may mean traveling further so that you can be treated by highly-skilled experts with access to the very best equipment.
- If you have a long term condition, or are old or frail, you will have more help and support to keep yourself healthy at home, maintaining your independence and quality of life.
- There will be more services and support to help people lead healthy lives and avoid illness.
- Health and care services will be more joined-up. Mental health will also be more integrated with other services.
For everyone in East Sussex, it will mean that you can be confident of having high quality, safe, affordable health services for the future.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to transform local health and social care and we are determined to work together to get it right.