A plan that aims to improve lives, extend lives and save lives of people living across Sussex has been made available for public comment.
The Sussex Health and Care Plan has been developed over the last nine months and represents the Sussex response to the ever-changing local health and care needs of our populations and the national ambitions and expectations set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
The plan has been developed across our health and care partners and involvement and input of partners, clinicians, specialists, health and care professionals, staff, patients, their families and our public. It is a continuation of the work that has already taken place over the last few years to improve and join-up health and care services.
The purpose of the plan is to bring real benefits to the lives of our populations, through:
- Improved, equitable access to high quality, safe and joined-up care.
- Greater access to health and care professionals with the most appropriate skills for people’s specific needs.
- Health and care being tailored in a more personalised way at home, or as close to home as possible.
- People being better supported to improve their own health and wellbeing.
- Better availability of non-clinical solutions that will keep people healthier for longer.
- Easier interactions with health and care services through technology.
- Greater joined-up support for people with multiple health conditions.
- Better support to people in care homes to ensure safe and high quality care.
The Sussex Health and Care Plan will be delivered through three local plans across Brighton and Hove, West Sussex and East Sussex. A significant amount of public engagement took place to inform and help shape the plans and we have already collated and incorporated a large amount of feedback on the working draft.
The document is available for comment on the following link and comments will be considered an incorporated until 8 November: seshealthandcare.org.uk/about-us/sussex-health-and-care-plan/
The final version of the document will be published on 2 December.