Rural businesses and organisations across East Sussex are set to benefit from a massive £1 million funding boost thanks to the County Council.
Nine projects put forward by businesses, organisations, groups, a college and a local council have had their grants approved through the County Council’s Rural Growth and Employment Fund (RuGEF).
The grants and loans amount to over £1 million and will be used to help set up new businesses or expand existing ones, create new jobs and support training.
Councillor Matthew Lock, Lead Member for Economy said: “I’m delighted that we’ve approved funding for the first batch of rural businesses and organisations. We said we would provide direct help and now we’re making good on the promise.
“It’s all part of our £6 million economic intervention fund designed to help business and boost our local economy.
“More RuGEF funding will be made available later next month and other grants for businesses are also on offer so I would urge firms to get in touch.”
The nine projects that have been approved (subject to contracts being signed) are:
- Beautiful Design & Print (Bexhill) – printing equipment to expand the business.
- The Fletcher Centre in Rye – to help develop a cinema and entertainment centre in Rye.
- Princes Trust – enterprise training and support for young people in rural districts.
- Tomorrow’s People – Heathfield Works! – for two years to support young people not in employment, education or training to develop skills and move into work.
- Tomorrow’s People – Hailsham Works! – to set up and run for three years a new project in Hailsham to support young people not in employment, education or training to develop skills and move into work.
- Heathfield Partnership – to help convert a town centre building into business units.
- Lewes District Council – enterprise and apprenticeship support scheme.
- Plumpton College – equipment to offer training and resources for dairy and forestry/woodland industries.
- Kitchenham Farm nr Battle – towards business park expansion at Pebsham Rural Business Park.
To see how we can help your business see
Phone: 01273 482205