Privacy Notice – Health and Care News East Sussex Contact Us Form and Mailbox
- What information is being used?
- How will your information be used?
- What is the legal basis for processing your information?
- How long will your information be kept for?
- Sharing your information
- Your rights
- How to find out more or complain
This privacy notice covers individuals completing this Contact Us form and submitting information to the Health and Care News East Sussex mailbox.
East Sussex County Council (ESCC) takes data protection seriously. Please be assured that your information will be used appropriately in line with data protection legislation, will be stored securely and will not be processed unless the requirements for fair and lawful processing can be met.
What information is being used?
In order to handle your enquiry we will collect your name, email address and any personal data you choose to submit within the form.
How will your information be used?
This data will be used to process your enquiry.
We aim to maintain high standards, adopt best practice for our record keeping and regularly check and report on how we are doing. Your information is never sold for direct marketing purposes.
Our staff are trained to handle your information correctly and protect your confidentiality and privacy.
Your information is not processed outside of the European Economic Area.
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
You will be asked for consent before we share your data with any third party or external organisation that is not a department or agency within ESCC.
How long your information will be kept for?
Enquiries received by the Health and Care News East Sussex mailbox will be retained in the mailbox for 30 days from the point of receipt, or for enquiries where consent is obtained to share data with third parties, the enquiry will be retained for 30 days from the point that consent is received.
Sharing your information
Your data may be shared internally within ESCC to process your enquiry.
Any sharing of personal data is always made:
- on case-by-case basis
- using the minimum personal data necessary
- with the appropriate security controls in place
- in line with legislation.
Information is only shared with those agencies and bodies who have a “need to know” or where you have consented to the sharing of your personal data to such persons.
We may use the information we hold about you to assist in the detection and prevention of crime or fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies that inspect and manage public funds.
We will not routinely disclose any information about you without your express permission. However, there are circumstances where we must or can share information about you owing to a legal or statutory obligation.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed why, where and how we use your information
- to ask for access to your information
- to ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- to ask us to restrict the use of your information
- to ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- to object to how your information is used
- to challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
Please visit data subject rights for further details.
How to find out more or complain
Should you have any further queries on the uses of your information, please speak directly to our service: HealthandCareNews@eastsussex.gov.uk
You can also contact the ICO for further information or to make a complaint:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number Email ICO