The NHS Volunteer Responders scheme is seeking new members in parts of Hastings, Eastbourne, Brighton and Hove.
The volunteers support people who are vulnerable because of COVID-19, and anyone who needs to self-isolate as a result of the virus, through a range of roles:
- Community Response Volunteer: volunteers to collect and deliver shopping, medication or other essential supplies.
- Community Response Plus Volunteer: volunteers to collect and deliver shopping, medication or other essential supplies for patients with cognitive impairments and or significant vulnerabilities who are shielding.
- Patient Transport Volunteer: Providing transport to patients who are medically fit to attend routine medical appointments.
- NHS Transport Volunteer: volunteers to transport equipment, supplies and/or medication between NHS services and sites. It may also involve assisting pharmacies with medication delivery. This role can also help Local Resilience Networks with transportation and delivery of items such as food parcels.
- Check In and Chat Volunteer: volunteers to provide telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness.
- Check In and Chat Plus Volunteer: this is a peer-support role, provided by responders who are shielding themselves. Regular telephone support and a ‘listening ear’ is offered to clients who are also shielding or experiencing challenges as a result of COVID-19
For more information and to sign up visit: NHS Volunteer Responders website.
To arrange support for yourself or someone you know call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm seven days a week).