The draft Walking and Cycling Strategy proposes a network of walking and cycling routes across the town that focus on short local journeys to support access to employment, education and shopping facilities, encourage active travel and reduce congestion in the town.
These walking and cycling routes include;
• Sections of the National Cycle Network including seafront links in the town centre, Old Town to Barley Lane and Barley Lane to Fairlight
• Combe Valley to Silverhill
• Silverhill to Conquest Hospital
• Silverhill to Ivyhouse Industrial Estate and Hastings Academy
• Town centre links to Alexandra Park and Hastings Railway Station to Ore
A consultation event will be held at the Priory Meadow Shopping Centre in Hastings on Saturday, January 18, 2014 between 10am and 2pm.
Staff from East Sussex County Council and Hastings Borough Council will be available to discuss the strategy and will be supported by representatives from Hastings Urban Bikes, Ramblers and Sustrans.
The comments received will help shape the final strategy which, once adopted, will be used by the county council and Hastings Borough Council and key partners to secure funding for improvements to the walking and cycling infrastructure, cycle parking and cycle training and initiatives.
Those who can’t get along to the event will be able to find out more information about the draft strategy online and complete a survey on our consultation pages.
The consultation ends on Monday, February 17, 2014.