What Next Sussex will offer students, teachers and parents the chance to find out about the options available from across Sussex and get an insight in to industries and sectors where the greatest career opportunities are available.
The event on Thursday, October 6, is a My Choices event run by the Sussex Learning Network, with support from Elev8Careers, and support and funding from East Sussex Careers Hub and Coast to Capital Careers Hub. It will offer live chat events at 1.30pm to 3pm and at 6pm to 7.30pm.
East Sussex employers including Rathfinney, Hawes Construction and Metaltech will join with educational, training and apprenticeship providers to highlight opportunities and explore all that Sussex has to offer after GCSEs.
Councillor Rupert Simmons, lead member for economy at East Sussex County Council, said: “It is so important that we invest in activities that give students a better understanding of the options available to them, and I am delighted that East Sussex Careers Hub has been able to co-fund this event with Coast 2 Capital Careers Hub.
“This free online event is open to all learners across Sussex and offers unmissable information, guidance and support to help students take their next steps. I hope as many people as possible register their interest on the Get Career Confident website.”
The What Next Sussex event will include the chance to:
- Speak to students and staff from sixth forms, colleges and universities from across the region
- Talk to a range of employers and apprenticeship providers from across a number of industries and sectors
- See loads of brand new & inspiring films and explore new interactive tools, guiding you through your options
- Visit our dedicated new ‘green room’ to find out about careers and course options in the fast-growing Sustainability and Green Skills sectors
- Speak to our qualified careers advisors
To find our more about the free online event, and to register, visit www.getcareerconfident.co.uk/what-next-sussex