The Tribe app was unveiled to voluntary organisations across the county this week, with demonstrations by developer Bronze Labs.
Tribe enables people interested in volunteering to find opportunities with local groups and organisations. And voluntary organisations will be able to use Tribe to manage and schedule volunteer tasks, and to find new local volunteers.
Cllr Carl Maynard, the county council’s lead member for adult social care and health, said: “I’m delighted that we have been able to launch this app and online platform which we hope will boost community involvement across the county, support voluntary organisations in finding the right volunteers for their roles and to make it easier for people to find volunteering opportunities.
“At its launch, there were already around 100 volunteering opportunities available, and residents can search for roles by postcode or types of opportunity, making it even easier for people to volunteer.”
Rother Voluntary Action (RVA), Hastings Voluntary Action (HVA) and Wealden, Eastbourne, and Lewes Voluntary Action (3VA) are working alongside Bronze Labs to assist voluntary organisations in using Tribe, and to get their volunteering opportunities included.
Cllr Maynard added: “We are very fortunate in East Sussex to have extremely active voluntary organisations. As well as helping people find volunteering opportunities, Tribe will support the work of these organisations, making it easier for them to find the right people for the right roles.”
Opportunities on Tribe currently include;
- Volunteering with Spun Glass Theatre in Hastings to introduce young people to art, music culture and live performance
- Weekly sessions to plant trees, grow food, create wildflower meadows and manage woodland in Heathfield
- Volunteering with Gardening Our Streets in Hastings Town Centre
- Becoming a refugee buddy in Rother
- Delivery driver in Hastings and Rother for Bags of Taste, a not-for-profit organisations helping vulnerable adults in food poverty
To find out more and access the online platform, click here